Biomass and Waste Handling and Processing Equipment
Waste-to-energy projects are particularly challenging for solid handling and processing systems. The variability of fuel and residue materials, the need to isolate processes and the need to deal with high temperatures and pressures mean that attention to detail and robust construction is vital. Ajax Equipment has worked on many biomass and waste-to-energy projects.
Materials handled include:
- Wood Chips.
- Saw Dust.
- Agricultural Residue.
- Refuse Derived Fuel (RDF).
- Oily Rags.
- Post Consumer Plastics.
- Pyrolysis Char.
- Fly Ash and Similar Residue
Handling and processing applications include:
- Conveying and elevating materials upstream and downstream from reactors and incinerators.
- Continuous feeding of reactors and incinerators at high temperatures.
- Isolation systems including lock hoppers and plug screw feeders.
- Char cooling screws.
- lump Breakers for char agglomerates.
- Conditioning ash from incinerators.
AJAX have also supplied pilot plant equipment to a range of commercial and academic research institutions including a number of Universities in the UK and overseas. This equipment has included much of the above, usually on a smaller scale and with designs appropriate to development and demonstration projects.
For more information please follow the links below
Ajax Improve Solid Handling at Renewable Energy Technology
Pyrolysis Project to use Ajax Solids Handling Equipment
Plug Screw Feeders Improve Ash Removal from Biomass Plant
Ajax Waste Handling System for Pyrolysis Plant
Ajax Inclined Screw Conveyor for PJH Partnership
For more information on AJAX's waste and biomass handling and processing capabilities please call 44 (0)1204 386723.